We have had 100% pass rate! Please find below our most recent LAMDA exam results. Many students started on lower grades and have then progressed quickly to grades above their age.
Exam Results 2017
100% pass rate
Exam Results 2016
100% pass rate
Exam Results 2015
100% pass rate
The London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art
This information is from the LAMDA syllabus and is for your information.
Founded in 1861, LAMDA quickly established itself as a centre of excellence in performance training. LAMDA has provided theatre and the world of film and television with generation upon generation of first-class actors and expertly-trained stage managers across the world.
LAMDA began offering speech examinations to the public in the 1880s. Since then, these examinations have been refined and developed into a comprehensive system of performance evaluation by experts in education, acting and communication. In addition to being the UK’s largest statutory speech and drama awarding body, LAMDA Examinations has a reputation for excellence across the globe.
Our mission is to:
- Improve standards in communication through the spoken word
- Foster an appreciation of literature, poems and drama
- Acknowledge levels of achievement
- Support the creative, intellectual and social development of the individual as a whole.
LAMDA examinations are designed to equip learners, whatever their age or aspirations, with a range of skills that will serve them throughout
Preparation for an examination can:
- Unlock the imagination and creative-thinking
- Develop communication skills
- Refine technical skills and artistry
- Promote team-working
The examinations themselves provide learners with an opportunity to:
- Measure progress against an international standard
- Make contact with expert practitioner examiners outside the immediate teaching environment
- Build self-confidence and self-esteem
- Acquire skill certification for career development
- Receive critical appraisal and guidance for future development
The range of exam options supports progression and allows the learner to extend personal and vocational skills whilst realising their potential.
Statement on the Use of Languages
English is used and explicitly expressed in all specifications/syllabi and assessment materials. The language used in all specifications/syllabi and assessment materials is explicit, plain, free from bias and appropriate to the examination.
UCAS points guide
|LAMDA Grade 6||LAMDA Grade 7||LAMDA Grade 8||LAMDA PCertLAM||Points||GCE AS Level||GCE A Level|
For full details please see LAMDA Site
As well as the weekly classes we also do intensive courses, these are particularly useful for students wishing to gain extra UCAS points.
Please enquire by contacting us.
These are a great asset for university entrance. UK university require between 240 and 280 UCAS points. My students have started from scratch and attained Grade 8 in 12/18 months. I have also had students who I have taught through Intensive Courses in 2 X 2 day courses to gain grade 7 from scratch. They all achieved merits.