Dramaworks is based on a strong philosophy of bringing the best quality drama experiences to children of all ages to develop their confidence and creativity. Julia has brought her wealth of experience in both state and private schools to the workshop creation and tuition. Dramaworks cultivates seven key benefits in young people and their continued success is testimony to the effective and enthusiastic teaching Confidence, Creativity, Co-operation, Concern for others, Character building, Co-ordination, Credit points for University entrance.
For Parents :
- Watch your children grow in self esteem and confidence through the workshops.
- Extra Lamda tuition gives them accredited qualifications which are equivalent to academic A levels at the highest grades.
- Very reasonable fees for high quality professional teachers who are child centred.
- Theatrical performances of showcases.
- Social skills and empathy develop to help with hurdles of school transitions.
For Students :
- Laughter and fun.
- Make new friends.
- Learn professional drama skills.
- Enjoy stage performances.
- Earn grades with certificates.
- Understand people more and have a good range of social skills.
Julia Martin Principal .BA Hons P.G.C.E CPD Dramatherapy
Julia brought her considerable experience as Head of Drama at Millais School Horsham and Farlington School Horsham in the creation of the ethos and workshop practices. She has a wide knowledge of the LAMDA syllabus as she has taught it for over 8 years and also has taught A level and GCSE Drama for over 15 years. Julia has directed many large productions and she has studied Dramatherapy. Julia has trained all the staff and she is a tutor for the higher LAMDA levels.
Diane Phillips-Buzwell .M.A, B.A. drama, LLAM, Registered teacher of LAMDA
Having been a Speech & Drama specialist for over 20 years, Diane has seen first hand how drama transforms lives. Therefore, she strongly believe in the importance of empowering students to become creative, confident communicators.
At Dramaworks! the emphasis is always to have fun while learning key life skills which in turn helps unlock the potential of each student. LAMDA exams are viewed as a celebration of their skills learnt and a confidence building activity.